Microprocessor controlled system for the determination and control of hydrazine or carbohydrazide used as boiler feedwater oxygen scavengers.
Monitor AMI Hydrazine
Complete system on stainless steel mounting panel :
- Transmitter AMI Hydrazine in a rugged aluminum enclosure (IP 66).
- Sensor system
Self-cleaning three-electrode system for determination of hydrazine or carbohydrazide.
- Flow cell
made of acrylic glass with flow adjustment valve, digital sample flow monitor and integrated temperature probe. Sample alkalinization with highly efficient diisopropylamine
- Factory tested, ready for installation and operation.
- Measurement range for hydrazine or carbohydrazide: 0.1 to 600 ppb
- Automatic temperature compensation.
- Automatic, continuous monitoring of sample flow and sensor cleanliness.
- Big backlit LC display for the reading of measuring value, sample temperature, sample flow and operating status.
- Easy user menus in English, German, French and Spanish. Simple programming of all parameters by keypad.
- Electronic record of major process events and calibration data.
- Data logger for 1’500 data records stored at a selectable interval. (Data download to PC requires optional HyperTerminal interface).
- Two current signal outputs (0/4 - 20 mA), galvanically separated from sensor input, for hydrazine or carbohydrazide concentration and temperature or as continuous control outputs.
Hydrazine / Carbohydrazide Measurement :
- Self-cleaning three-electrode system with automatic temperature compensa-tion. Maintenance-free reference elec-trode.
- Range: 0.1 - 600 ppb
5% of reading up to 200 ppb
± 15% up to 600 ppb or ± 2 ppb (whichever is greater).
- Stability: ± 5% of reading per month or ± 2 ppb per month (whichever is greater).
Response time: 90 % of change
60 sec after sample entered flow cell
- Temperature measurement NT5K
->Measuring range: up to 60 °C
->Resolution: 0.1 °C
- Sample flow measurement
With digital SWAN sample flow meter and alarm in case of insufficient sample flow.
Transmitter Specifications and Functionality :
- Electronics case: Cast aluminum
- Protection degree: IP 66 / NEMA 4X
- Display: backlit LCD, 75 x 45 mm
- Electrical connectors: screw clamps
- Dimensions: 180 x 140 x 70 mm
- Weight: 1.5 kg
- Ambient temperature: -10 to +50°C
- Humidity: 10 - 90% rel., non condensing
Power supply :
Voltage: 100 - 240 VAC (? 10 %), 50/60 Hz (? 5 %) or 24 VDC (? 15 %)
Power consumption: max. 20 VA
- Easy operation based on separate menus for “Messages”, “Diagnostics”, “Maintenance”, “Operation” and “Instal-lation”. User menus in English, Ger-man, French and Spanish.
- Separate menu specific password pro-tection.
- Display of process value, sample flow, alarm status and time during operation.
Storage of event log, alarm log and calibration history.
- Storage of the last 1’500 data records in logger with selectable time interval.
Safety features :
No data loss after power failure, all data is saved in non-volatile memory.
Overvoltage protection of in- and out-puts.
Galvanic separation of measuring in-puts and signal outputs.
Transmitter temperature monitoring : with programmable high/low alarm limits.
1 Alarm relay :
One potential free contact for summary alarm indication for programmable alarm values and instrument faults.
Maximum load: 1A / 250 VAC
1 Input :
One input for potential-free contact.
Programmable hold or remote off func-tion.
2 Relay outputs :
Two potential-free contacts program-mable as limit switches for measuring values, controllers or timer for system cleaning with automatic hold function.
Rated load: 1A / 250 VAC
2 Signal outputs (3rd as option) :
Two programmable signal outputs for measured values (freely scaleable, linear or bilinear) or as continuous con-trol outputs (control parameters pro-grammable).
Current loop: 0/4 - 20 mA
Maximum burden: 510 ?
Control functions :
Relays or current outputs programma-ble for 1 or 2 pulse dosing pumps, so-lenoid valves or for one motor valve.
Programmable P, PI, PID or PD control parameters.
1 Communication interface (option) :
RS232 interface for logger download to PC with Microsoft HyperTerminal or RS485 interface (galvanically separat-ed) with Fieldbus protocol Modbus or Profibus DP.
Monitor Data :
- Flow rate: approx. 15 L/h
- Temperature range: 15 - 45 °C
- Inlet pressure: 0.15 - 2 bar
- Outlet pressure: pressure free
- pH value: equal or higher than pH 7.0
- Reagent consumption (at 25°C): < 1L diisopropylamine per month
Flow cell and connections
Acrylic glass with safety filter, metering tap and sample tap, inserts for all sensors.
Sample inlet: tube adapter 4 x 6 mm
Sample outlet: tube adapter 15 x 20 mm
- Dimensions: 850 x 280 x 200 mm
- Material: stainless steel
- Total weight: 9.0 kg