Complete monitoring system for the automatic, continuous measurement of total organic carbon (TOC) in pure and high purity water.
Monitor AMI LineTOC
Complete system mounted on stainless steel mounting panel:
- Transmitter AMI LineTOC in a rugged alumi-num enclosure (IP 66).
- Analyzing unit with reagent free UV oxidation , two high precision two-wire conductivity elec-trodes made of stainless steel with integrated NTC temperature probe for automatic tempera-ture compensation.
- 3-Channel Peristaltic pump with automatic di-lution of standard solution (performance check).
- Grab sample measurement
- Continuous sample flow detection.
- Factory tested, ready for installation and opera-tion.
- Measurement range: TOC: 0 to 1’000 ppb
- System suitability test according to USP<643>.
- Big backlit LC display for the reading of measur-ing value, sample temperature, sample flow, temperature compensation type and operating status.
- Easy user menus in English, German, French and Spanish. Simple programming of all param-eters by keypad.
- Electronic record of major process events and calibration data.
- Data logger for 1’500 data records stored at a selectable interval. (Data download to PC re-quires optional HyperTerminal interface).
- Programmable, automatic sensor check (verifi-cation) using concentrated, durable standard and internal dilution.
- Two current outputs (0/4 - 20 mA) for measured
- Communication interface ().
- Inlet Pressure Regulator.
TOC Measurement :
Analyzing method; reagent free UV oxi-dation, differential conductivity.
Reaction time <2 min.
Swansensor TOCON with integrated NT5K temperature sensor.
Lifetime 6 months depending on application: up to 12 months
Power 11 W
0.1 to 1’000 ppb TOC => 0.1 ppb
0.1 to 50 ppb => ± 1 ppb
50 to 1’000 ppb => ± 2 %
0.055 to 2 µs/cm (20°C) +- 2%
Periodic accuracy test with ultra high pre-cision resistors.
Automatic sensor check (verification) us-ing concentrated, durable standard and internal dilution.
System Suitability Test according to USP<643> and Ph.Eur.2.2.44.
Automatic Temperature compensation
Sample flow detection.
Transmitter Specifications and Functionality :
- Electronics case: Cast aluminum
- Protection degree: IP 66 / NEMA 4X
- Display: backlit LCD, 75 x 45 mm
- Electrical connectors: screw clamps
- Dimensions: 180 x 140 x 70 mm
- Weight: 1.5 kg
- Ambient temperature: -10 to +50°C
- Humidity: 10 - 90% rel., non condensing
Voltage: 100 - 240 VAC (? 10%), 50 /60 Hz (? 5%)
Power consumption: max. 36 W
Easy operation based on separate men-us for “Messages”, “Diagnostics”, “Maintenance”, “Operation” and “Installa-tion”. User menus in English, German, French and Spanish.
Separate menu specific password protec-tion.
Display of process value, alarm status and time during operation.
Storage of event log, alarm log and cali-bration history.
Storage of the last 1’500 data records in logger with selectable time interval (not suitable for Pharma).
Safety features :
No data loss after power failure, all data is saved in non-volatile memory.
Overvoltage protection of in- and outputs. Galvanic separation of measuring inputs and signal outputs.
Transmitter temperature monitoring with programmable high/low alarm limits.
1 Alarm relay :
One potential free contact for summary alarm indication for programmable alarm values and instrument errors.
Maximum load: 1A / 250 VAC
1 Input for potential-free contact.
Programmable hold or remote off func-tion.
2 Relay outputs :
Two potential-free contacts programma-ble as limit switches for measuring val-ues, controllers or timer with automatic hold function.
Rated load: 1A / 250 VAC
2 Signal outputs (3rd as option)
Two programmable signal outputs for measured values (freely scalable, linear or bilinear) or as continuous control out-puts (control parameters programmable)
Current loop: 0/4 - 20 mA
Maximum burden: 510 ?
1 Communication interface (option) :
RS232 interface for logger download to PC with Microsoft HyperTerminal or RS485 in-terface (galvanically separated) with Fieldbus protocol Modbus or Profibus DP.
Monitor Data :
Flow rate: 1 to 5 l/h
Temperature: 10 to 40 °C
Inlet pressureAbs. (25 °C): up to 1.5 bar with Pressure Regulator: up to 5 bar
Outlet pressure: pressure free
Conductivity: 0.055 to 2 µS/cm
Particle size: < 100 µm
No sand, no oil
Sample inlet: Swagelok ¼” tube adapter
Sample outlet: G ½” adapter
for flexible tube Ø 20 x 15 mm
Dimensions: 400 x 850 x 180 mm
Material: stainless steel
Total weight: 20 kg